I wanted to provide some insight into the 6.2.4 patch and hopefully, answer outstanding questions you may have regarding features and areas to test.
In 6.2.4 World of Warcraft will transition to a new Battle.net infrastructure. While this infrastructure change contains a multitude of backend improvements for communication between WoW and Battle.net, there are also a number of changes that will directly affect you. It is our goal to make sure these changes don't negatively impact existing systems, and functionality remains as it was prior to this migration.
To help us with this task, we'd like PTR testers to focus on the following areas:
- Social features, including whispers between characters, different Blizzard games, the Battle.net app and other in-game characters.
- Realm List functionality.
- Authentication, logging in, and security features.
- Parental controls.
- 3rd party add-on functionality.
- In-game shop functionality.
- Character Boosts.
- Faction, Race, and Name changes.
Development for patch 6.2.4 is ongoing so there may be issues during testing regarding things like logging in and selecting realms. Random disconnects from Battle.net may also occur. It is important that things of this nature are reported in the forums to help ensure a resolution before 6.2.4 goes live.
I hope this provides a little more insight into what PTR testers should be on the lookout for in this patch. Thank you all for helping to make World of Warcraft an epic experience time and time again!